CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ccccccccoooooooookkkkkkkkkiiiiiieeeeeeessssss...

The Cookie Monster would be proud.

I spent ALL day, I mean all day, Sunday baking cookies for my co-workers as a Christmas treat. I started at 11am and didn't sit down until 630 that night for dinner. Good thing Joe came home to feed me... I probably would've been in the kitchen all night too.

I made Linzer cookies (sandwich cookies with raspberry jam in the middle) sprinkled with powdered sugar. I made lime hazelnut cookies shaped like Christmas trees with a yummy cream cheese frosting. I made sandwich cookies with a hazelnut/powdered sugar filling dipped a third of the way into dark chocolate. I made surprise cookies which were chocolate cookies with half a marshmallow shoved into the middle and covered with a homemade chocolate ganache. And I made a delicious peppermint fudge with dark chocolate and vanilla white chocolate chips colored green and peppermint extract added to it.

I must say.... THEY WERE DELICIOUS. My co-workers are lucky Joe and I didn't eat them all. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, so y'all will have to wipe your imaginary drool off your chins!

My feet hurt.

1 Monkey for your thoughts...:

kristin

Imaginary drool...I am ACTUALLY drooling:) It sounds so good! Exhausting to someone who hates to cook but loves to eat:)