CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Delightful Cupcakes...

My boss decided to throw himself a birthday party for his 40th and decided to place me in charge of helping him plan it. For the past five weeks or so I have set up the caterer, I have purchased fake flowers and vases to make some bouquets, and I practiced making cupcakes.

The point of this post is the cupcakes... I told my boss that I am going to quit and open my very own bakery! (Actually not really, but at the time it seemed like a good idea). Anyway... I made lemon meringue cupcakes - my boss doesn't like meringue so I changed it up a little. Instead of spreading the homemade custard over the top, I injected the cupcake with the custard. And instead of the meringue frosting, I made a delicious cream cheese frosting. Then, since I was in the mood to bake some more, I decided to make some red velvet cupcakes as well... Yum-OH. I was able to use my tips and piping bags for the very first time too!!!!! It take some practice, but I eventually got it...

So now I'm on the hunt for some more cupcake recipes so that I can try and give them my own twists. I'm seriously thinking about doing some more of this - I found a really cute caterpillar cupcake design on Martha Stewart's website - I'm thinking it would be cute for my nieces birthday coming up!

So if anyone has some suggestions or websites with some really yummy cupcake recipes send them my way!!!! Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get some!

0 Monkey for your thoughts...: