CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Monkey No Mas.

Today is a sad day... Monkey has passed from this wonderful world. He had been running on his wheel for the past three days (after not running on it for about a year) and this morning Joe made a joke that Monkey gave himself a heart attack while on the wheel. I ran in there and I thought he was just sleeping - he likes to bury himself in the bedding - but he wasn't breathing. He was already gone...

Monkey touched many lives in his three years of existence... He was so friendly, always poked his head out of his house to say hi, and always bit me when I reached inside his cage. But in his last few months, he was more friendly and wanted to be held - He loved Melissa and Teaghan holding him - and just the other day he let me hold him without biting my fingers.

I remember when I first bought him - he was half the size he was today - and he was such a lovable baby. Then he went through his teenage years - Always talking back at me, not eating his vegetables, and not exercising to stay in shape. I was so happy when he got over himself...

I will always remember the sweet Monkey he always was...

He hated his ball... But Kitty was always "watching" over him.

3 Monkey for your thoughts...:

Melissa

Ohh...I'm so sad. I loved little Monkey. He will be missed.

kristin

That's so sad! However, I find myself laughing at your commentary!
The girls will be sad to hear. She's also been asking for a hamster for christmas.

Ummm..... no. I couldn't take the grief if it had a heart attack as well:)

Elisha

So sorry for your lose. U sure it wasn't the cat????? :) I am sorry I will never be able to meet Monkey. ;( IT sounds like you had a great time with the girls. I am jealous my boys won't get to have weekends with you guys getting to know you. What an awesome aunt & uncle you all are. :)